Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

12/12/10

First post in a long time, so let's catch you all up to speed.

In July I started a new job-- it is exactly how I wanted to start my career. I work with animal used in research at various locations, learning many skills of different jobs in the field. My job involves a lot of travelling, which inevitably resulted in the death of Mr. Socko (my old car). However I bought a brand new 2011 hyundai, and made the whole ordeal a learning experience worthwhile.

In August I moved closer to the general area of the sites I visit, and have 2 roommates whom I hardly ever see because our schedules don't permit it. I'm actually kind of lonely here as I have no friends in the area, and I do not exactly know how to make friends outside the academic environment (something that school fails at teaching). I joined a Monday yoga group, but it's small and the ladies there are out of my age range. My boyfriend told me that I make new friends by getting involved in a church, but I haven't found one that suits me in the area.
Any suggestions with this? (Also because I am constantly changing sites at work, becoming buddies with the people I work with is a bit difficult)

Anyway over the past 4 months I've attended a few churches, depending on where I am a particular weekend-- my cousin's church (Mosaic Christian Church) if I'm here, my parents' church when I'm there, my boyfriend's family church, and I tried one other church in the area (Advance Church)thinking I'd like it and turned out I didn't. So far I like Mosaic the best, my boyfriend is kinda iffy with the pastor (as am I). For example, I don't agree with taking communion every Sunday.

I'm not too worried about finding the right church, that'll come with time. As long as I continue to seek Him and pray, I'll continue on the right path on my journey.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blog Archive

About Me

Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
I'm 23, just out of college (Go Hokies!), and decided April 2010 that I wanted to be Christian. You see, I grew up in a Christian household, but never really considered myself Christian, and at some point in high school did not identify my as Christian, but what I dubbed a follower of God. After 7 or 8 years of going from bible study to bible study trying to find God, I only recently learned that I have to accept Jesus in order to find Him.

Recent Comments