Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Happy New Year!

This past Sunday I visited Covenant Life Church. It was a huge church! I'm not sure if I feel comfortable there, but I did like the message. We read from Matthew 6:25- 34:

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

In a nutshell, have complete faith in God for He will provide. The pastor taught on how seeking God and His kingdom helps you build faith, which makes sense: the more you learn, the more you grow, and the more you trust. Hebrews 11:1 says that "faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." I reiterate seeking God (learning) gives you that certainty that you need to have faith. And you must seek God all the time, which is so easy to not do. This blog helps me seek God as it provides me with the ability to get different perspectives on how to learn from the Bible, and when people ask questions before I answer with what I know I refer to the Bible because it explains the "why and how" behind my answer. For example, yesterday I answered a question that asked "Who killed Christ?" The answer in my head was we did, but to be honest with you I didn't really understand how we did. I read both Matthew and Mark and found out that the people of Judea chose to have Jesus crucified and in fact said "His blood with be on us and on our children." (Matthew 27:25) This also explains how Jesus' death saves us. By the people saying that the blood of Jesus is on their hands and their childrens' was them choosing for themselves and all of their descendant's to take on the responsibility for crucifying Jesus. Jesus in turns asks God to forgive them (in Luke 23:34) and since we were spoken for that forgiveness passes onto us. Get it? I'm pretty bad at explaining this.


posted under , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blog Archive

About Me

Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
I'm 23, just out of college (Go Hokies!), and decided April 2010 that I wanted to be Christian. You see, I grew up in a Christian household, but never really considered myself Christian, and at some point in high school did not identify my as Christian, but what I dubbed a follower of God. After 7 or 8 years of going from bible study to bible study trying to find God, I only recently learned that I have to accept Jesus in order to find Him.

Recent Comments